Universal Pipe Shield by Design Engineering®. Made from durable 304 stainless steel and preformed with a curved shape to fit most any size pipes. Two layers of 304 stainless encapsulate a high temperature insulation, withstanding up to 2000°F radiant heat. Standoffs 1/2” high provide an air gap to the pipe and make mounting easy with provided stainless clamps.
- Stainless Steel Heat Barrier material on outside surfaces
- Insulating inner layer
- Welded seams for strength and durability
- Stainless Steel stand offs to create air gap
- Extremely light weight
- Block heat & protect components better than factory shields
- Easy to install with stainless straps
- Flexible to shape around pipes
- Helps prevent burns & blocks uncomfortable heat
- Protects components from heat damage
- Increases driver & passenger comfort
It's hard to find a street performance enthusiast or racer who has never heard of Design Engineering® and its superior thermal tuning solutions. The company offers a comprehensive range of products, including nitrous oxide systems, performance coolant additives, sound control and thermal protection products, and much more. The Design Engineering innovative CryO2 cryogenic intake system was honored with the Best New Performance-Racing Product award from SEMA in recognition of an innovative design achievement. The company continues to explore up-to-date methods of identifying new product opportunities in order to offer the most efficient systems and parts found on the market.