The 2-year NEXX Helmets warranty provides a guarantee to the first buyer that a defective product shall be replaced or repaired, provided that this does not cover issues beyond the manufacturer’s control, such as normal wear and tear or damage to the helmet resulting from an accident, fall or abusive use. To ensure proper maintenance and your safety, NEXX Helmets strongly recommends that you always read the product manual very carefully before using the helmet, and that you always keep the helmet in a safe place.
Should NEXX Helmets be obliged to replace the helmet or helmet parts as per the warranty, NEXX Helmets reserves the right to execute the job under the terms of the warranty, using replacement parts from the most recent or compatible version with the same value.
NEXX Helmets cannot be held responsible in relation to the product, nor is the company liable for any warranty, in the following cases:
- Helmets without a type-approval label
- Any damage caused by impact due to a fall or accident
- Aesthetical (scratches, cracks, etc) or functional damage owing to impact from road detritus or impact with the ground or solid objects during the use or transport of the helmet or inadequate use of components and accessories (visors, peaks, etc.)
- Damage or wear of interior linings resulting from normal use and/or abuse
- Alterations and/or installation of accessories which do not belong to NEXX (glue, adhesive products, paints, fasteners, etc.)
- Inadequate adjustment, which is the user’s responsibility to ensure a proper adjustment at the moment of purchase
- Use of or contact with harmful chemicals or exposure to sources of intense heat
- Inadequate use: abnormal conditions (for example, immersion in water), lack of maintenance or care, inadequate handling or packaging, improper handling of components or accessories such as visors, peaks etc.
- Aging due to the normal wear of internal fibers or foam, and the visual aspect of exterior parts or visors (scratches, marks, etc.)
- Loss of color intensity or wearing out of the colors (especially neon and mate) due to prolonged exposure to ultraviolet light, decorative lights, inclement weather or various other sources and types of dirt
The occurrence of any of the aspects referred to above absolves the Nexx Helmets brand of any responsibility. Apart from these cases, NEXX Helmets cannot consider the following subjective situations as being defects covered by the warranty: aesthetic nuances, problems related to comfort, size, noises or small-scale resonance, aerodynamics, etc.
All NEXX Helmets warranties are valid for 2 years counting from the date of purchase, but are valid no longer than five years from the date of manufacture. Glues, resins, and other materials used in the production of a helmet may affect the lining materials. Hair oils, body products, cosmetics as well as normal wear, all contribute to the helmet’s deterioration, and therefore a replacement every five years is a recommendation shared by all helmet manufacturers.
VERY IMPORTANT: never purchase a used helmet. Helmets, like other products, are perishable goods. The materials that make up the helmets will degrade with time, and especially so if the helmet is in use. Therefore, all brands recommend that a helmet replacement be planned for every 3-4 years, or each time the helmet suffers a strong impact as a result of an accident (or any equivalent impact) - even if no damage is apparent. In the event that a complaint is accepted but helmet repair is not viable for technical reasons, or if a specific component is unavailable, NEXX Helmets agrees to present the client with an advantageous offer, taking into consideration the age of the product - namely the replacement of the helmet by an identical one.