Alpha Pixel Off-Road Helmet by Suomy®. The New Suomy Alpha takes the best of the MX Jump and elevates it to the next level. A more plush interior with quick release cheek pads enhance the comfort and safety. The newly re-engineered Tricarboco composite shell has a more robust Carbon Fiber aramid fiber base making the Alpha more impact resistant while keeping weight to a minimum. The Alpha is the choice of several top contenders in MXGP.
- Race approved by every major US and International Race Organization.
|Quantity: 1 Piece|
|Helmet Shape: Intermediate Oval|
|Face Shield: No|
|Integrated Sun Visor: No|
|Peak Visor: Yes|
|Pinlock Ready: No|
|Helmet Certification: DOT Approved and ECE Approved|
- Lightweight – New Carbon Fiber aramid fiber Tricarboco shell
- New shell design is more impact resistant, reduces impact angles and works seamlessly with modern neck brace designs
- 2 Shell sizes and 3 EPS sizes maximize fit and comfort
- New Super wide Ram air ducts combined with advanced EPS channels allow for total pass through air flow
- Coolmax Active fabric comfort liner with Interpower treatment – wicks sweat away and keeps the rider dry and comfortable
- Lightweight and soft interchangeable washable cheek pads and liners
- Quick Realease cheek pads for emergency helmet removal
- Made with upgrading technologies to ensure high security
- Will deliver the ultimate in safety and light weight
- Comes with everything needed for exasperated use on the track
- Manufactured utilizing advanced testing equipment
- Designed to offer a perfect combination of protection and comfort
- Alpha Pixel Off-Road Helmet
- SHELL in Tricarboco material, mix of aramid fiber, carbon and fiber, joint through resine, hand made, using new technologies with vinilester resin.
- The INTERNAL POLYSTYRENE produced in 3 sizes to get the best fitting. This characteristic allows a gradual and progressive absorption of the energy produced by the impact. Even if the bigger part of the energy created by the impact is absorbed by the external shell, thanks to its deformation, the role of polystyrene is determinant for the absorption of the residual energy. A diversified density of the polystyrene, permit us to optimize the mechanical performance of the shell/polystyrene.
- The D-RING RETENTION SYSTEM has been designed and patented by Suomy. Insert the free side of the strap in the rings. Pull the end until the strap presses firmly against the jaw. After this operation, it should not be possible to remove the helmet. Verify that by grabbing it from the back and rotating it to the front it cannot be removed and it is fixed to the head. If the helmet tends to come off or rotates freely, tighten the strap again until the right pressure is obtained and repeat test. If after repeating the test you are not able to efficiently tighten the retention system, do not use the helmet.
To have a maximum safety the helmet must fit tightly and be correctly and securely fastened, in order not to be able to be taken off neither by pulling it nor by rotating it around the head. If it is too big, it may slide down over the eyes or turn in a lateral direction due to movement during riding, blocking the right visibility. Only after checking the correct tension of the strap, fix the free end locking it with the automatic stud to the release tab The automatic stud is necessary only to fix the free end of the strap to prevent it from flapping while riding. Fixing the release button does not assure that the helmet is correctly in position and properly fastened: the correct locking of the strap must be verified exclusively following the above paragraphs. To release the retention system, release the automatic stud button and pull the release tab to loosen the closure. Slide out the free end of the strap from the «D Rings». Use the release tab only to remove the helmet! Never release this tab while riding.
Suomy® was born in Italy in 1997, as a line of racing helmets by will of Umberto Monti. The activity of the Italian company is tied closely to the racing world where it gains valuable insight and information for the development and creation of helmets.