3 Wheel Bike Primary Chains & Belts
- Twin Power®Primary ChainPrimary Chain by Twin Power®. Made in Japan. These high-quality replacement primary chains from Twin Power are superior to the O.E.M. parts. Twin Power premium quality endless chains offer you precision-ground side plates for smoother...Made in JapanCrafted to deliver unbeatable levels of quality$65.32 - $77.79
- Twin Power®Primary Chain (VT 428A/2-86)Primary Chain by Twin Power®. Made in Japan. Link Quantity: 86. These high-quality replacement primary chains from Twin Power are superior to the O.E.M. parts. Twin Power premium quality endless chains offer you precision-ground side...Made in JapanCrafted to deliver unbeatable levels of quality$77.79
The primary drive system is used in motorcycles to transfer torque from the crankshaft to the gearbox, which can be done with the help of a chain, belt, or gears, and each of these ways implies different setups and has its own pros and cons. For instance, a primary chain needs oil for lubrication and has to be enclosed by a cover. Also, it may need some adjustments once in a while. A belt doesn't need oil, so there is no risk of leaks, but it has to be strong and wide enough to withstand high stresses created by a powerful engine.
Meanwhile, a belt primary allows for an open design and looks nice. Also, such a construction is relatively simple to fix and rather reliable, and the combination of all these factors makes it quite popular among chopper owners. But still, in terms of reliability and strength, a chain is arguably more preferred. A chain primary drive works fine on many modern motorcycles, yet the oil meant for its lubrication is not mixed with engine oil like it was before in older H-D bikes, and, in parallel, it helps to cool the stator.
Our online store carries a large assortment of chains and belts along with complete primary drive kits. You will find here both closed and open belt drives, and some of them allow for conversion from a chain mechanism. Available with black, polished, or other covers, these kits have a perfect look and will perfectly suit the design of your bike. Also, many covers are vented, which contributes to cooling a belt. Both primary belt and chain kits include everything you may need for successful and trouble-free installation (except for tools). High-grade materials and constructions are backed by reputable manufacturers we partner with, and all the products offered here are made to serve for many miles to come.
- Drive Chains
- Drive Belts & Pulleys
- Transmissions & Components
- Axles & Accessories
- Chain Guide, Protection & Sliders
- Transmission Covers
- Chain & Belt Adjusters
- Primary Chain & Belt Tensioners
- Clutch Lines
- Transmission Gaskets, Seals & Bushings
- Drivetrain & Transmission Bearings
- Drivetrain & Transmission Mounts
- Engine & Transmission Custom Covers
- Drive Belt & Drive Shaft Covers
- Chain Lubes & Cleaners
- Transmission Fluids & Oils
- Gear Oils
- Drivetrain & Transmission Tools